- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling the purposes specified by us, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to members information about our policies and practices relating to the management of their personal information and how it's stored and protected.
- Your email address will not be used outside of the scope of this website.
- We will not release your personal information to anyone, including law enforcement, unless so ordered and documented by legal means by a court of authority.
- 30 days after closure of your account, your personal information will be permanently destroyed and will not be recoverable by any means.
Cookies: Cookies, cookies... What are these things? Well, cookies are tiny alphanumric packets of information that we send to and store on your computer when you visit us. This little cookie tells us how you visit our website, what pages are visited and how many times. It also stores other things, like your login information so that when you visit again, if the session hasn't expired, you won't need to login. Cookies are also used to measure the traffic so we can see what pages are popular or where we need to improve. The cookies don't collect any personally identifiable information from you, nor does it tell us anything else about you. You're completely free to disable the acceptance of cookies through your web browser, though we don't recommend it. Really, they're harmless and they allow you to take advantage of more cool features here.
Information: We only collect certain information, such as what's necessary to register an account and what you choose to provide during registration and completion of your profile. We may use this information to provide you with a better experience while visiting us. We do not collect any login, username or password information. Our staff doesn't have access to sensitive information. The Paranormal Society will not sell or release your information to any third party for any reason, nor will we use it for any other purpose outside the scope of this website.
Sharing Your Info: We don't share, rent or sell your information with any third party. We don't release your information to anyone (except as noted above). Our staff has access to your basic information, such as your name, date of birth, city and state (if so provided). However, your information will only be accessed under certain circumstances, such as support requests. As a means of connecting you with other enthusiasts, you have the ability to friend and interact with these folks. When you do, they're able to see the information you've provided in your profile. But you chose whether or not they can see certain things, such as your name, date of birth and location. Anything given beyond basic information needed to register is up to you and is your responsibility.
Email Communications: You will occasionally receive email communications from us. There are two categories:
1. Mandatory: You will receive notifications of changes, legal notices, username or password reminders or other system emails. You can't opt out of these.
2. By default: You are set to rceive notifications regarding certain actions performed on the site, like responses to forum posts, friend requests, new instant messages, responses to your Community posts or comments, new videos or photos or group posts. These are voluntary and you may opt out by visiting your profile in the Community page and your forum settings.
Law Enforcement: Studio 4am and The Paranormal Society will comply with authorities, however, only when legal process has been followed and required notices have been received, as set forth by the laws of jurisdiction. Non-public information about The Paranormal Society users will not be released to law enforcement except in compliance with a subpeona or court order by court of jurisdiction, or certain emergency requests. Access to a user's private information, including content such as personal messages, locked blogs or private photos, require a search warrant.
Notification of Release: In any case where we've been ordered to release private information, we will notify that user of such release, including a copy of the order prior to the release, unless we're prohibited. In any such case, we will notify the user after the release of information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. Though we're not perfect and anything is possible, we do everything we can to ensure your privacy is kept safe. If you have concerns on how we use your information, just drop us a line.