Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Debunking PK - the case of the exploding glass

Debunking PK - the case of the exploding glass 24 Jun 2017 21:25 #1

• Gizmo_MOD
  • Thank you received: 5457
This happened recently to us. I was a witness. At first, we thought it must be an instance of PK (psychokinesis ). But with some digging, I think we were able to debunk it. Well, almost 100%.

Here's what happened.

My husband was standing in our kitchen and he reached for a glass on an open shelf. (Our upper cupboard shelves don't have doors.) He touched it with his fingertip. It exploded.

By exploded, I mean EXPLODED- glass flew everywhere. Up, down, out onto the rug. I'd say about 8 inches to a foot and a half from where the glass sat on the shelf. It made the sound of someone throwing it against a wall or something. It shattered into tiny pieces. I have pictures. (see attached) Oddly, the rim of the glass remained sitting on the shelf where it had been. The rim didn't move from its location. It just exploded its top.

We were trying to figure it out and talking about it to friends on Facebook. One friend sent us a video of spontaneously exploding safety glass. Apparently it's a thing. When the glass gets a tiny flaw or scratch or crack in it, it can let loose like a bomb! People lose shower doors and table tops this way. So, that was clue one.

Clue two is a friend who knows glass, and told us he had a Turkish glass bowl spontaneously blow up in his cupboard once, sounding like a gun shot! Our glasses were made in Turkey. It also seemed to shatter like safety glass does. Little rounded pieces rather than sharp longer shards.

So, we concluded it was possibly ready to go, and my husband's finger touching it was enough to set it off.

But it was pretty exciting and startling when it happened!

SITE STAFF
Last Edit: 24 Jun 2017 21:26 by Gizmo_MOD.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreenEyedLady_MOD

Debunking PK - the case of the exploding glass 25 Jun 2017 13:42 #2

• CDS
  • Thank you received: 3952
Interesting subject.

I have found this site with over 300 comments related to this phenomenon.
Site Staff

Chris

Debunking PK - the case of the exploding glass 28 Jun 2017 04:17 #3

I'm still going with it's Paul's fault, he's electric ;)
SITE STAFF
That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.
Don't have an account yet? Register Now!

Sign in to your account