Login or register with us
Login
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: University of Santo Tomas - Manila, Philippines

University of Santo Tomas - Manila, Philippines 02 Dec 2010 16:49 #1

• chamyism
this is the oldest university in asia. it'll celebrate 400 years of existence next year.
during the world war 2, the japanese military made the campus into a internment camp where crimes against Americans Soldiers and civilians happened. the population totaled 3,259 of which 2,200 were American, 74 British, 920 Dutch, 28 Polish, 36 Mexicans and 1 Nicaraguan. There were about 335 casualties among the internees, 35 died and 300 were wounded. According to accounts, some of them died of diseases caused by famine. Some even committed suicide, while others were executed by the Japanese invaders. Some were buried in a vacant lot outside the Forbes gate, and others were buried inside the campus.

there has also been alot of suicides and murders that have happened in and out of the university. in 1987, a student leaped from the 3rd floor of the st. raymund building and died on impact, her bones were shattered and blood was all over the ground. in 2001, a student was found dead on the bleachers of the quadrangle after he suffered multiply beating as a result of hazing by his ROTC officers.

there have been numerous reports of paranormal activity in the university. the main building has been the hub . spanish friars have been seen walking the halls. cries and footsteps have been heard. occupants of the girls bathroom have felt like there's something hitting their forehead when they use a certain cubicle.

i have alot of personal experience in the university too(i attended the university for a year). in the st. raymund building, i always feel very sad whenever i am in the girls bathroom to the point that i found myself crying, and this was before i knew about the story of the girl. the scariest thing that happened to me was in the main building. i was standing on top of the staircase when i saw a white mist infront of me and then a gust of cold air. it threw my balance off and i fell all the way down the last step.

as far as i know, there hasn't been any paranormal group that was allowed to investigate the university (it is still under the vatican). I think it is one of the most haunted places in the Philippines.

UST_Main_Building_1.jpg

Main Building and the Oldest building in the University.

Ust_old_entrance 1.jpg

Entrance of the Original Building which was inside the walled city of intramuros.

ts.jpg

the entrance of the original building, was brought to the new campus after a fire engulfed the
original site.

ust3pt7.jpg

during World War II
[attachment:10]C:\fakepath\ust2pd5.jpg[/attachment]
santotomas10_men_cooking.jpg

internment camp

santotomasgate.jpg

UST Gate

tumblr_lbjloybCm91qc6t1mo1_500.jpg

Main campus (Intramuros) after it was burnt down

[attachment:6]C:\fakepath\250px-Santo_Tomas_Internment_Camp_Liberation_.jpg[/attachment]
Liberation of the camp

IMG_4738.jpg

St. Raymund Building

[attachment:11]C:\fakepath\museum-ust.jpg[/attachment]
UST Museum. The steps have been there since the building was built.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.:)
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: University of Santo Tomas - Manila, Philippines 02 Dec 2010 18:33 #2

• OnlyBoo1
:) THIS IS SUCH A GREAT STORY, AND IM GLAD YOU DIDN'T GET HURT OR KILLED FALLING DOWN THOSE STEPS. THANK YOU SO MUCH. LOVE THESE PARANORMAL ONES THAT HAVE HISTORY INVOLVED.
THANKS AGAIN!::)
Last Edit: 03 Dec 2010 00:15 by OnlyBoo1.

Re: University of Santo Tomas - Manila, Philippines 03 Dec 2010 08:19 #3

• chamyism
OnlyBoo1 wrote:
:) THIS IS SUCH A GREAT STORY, AND IM GLAD YOU DIDN'T GET HURT OR KILLED FALLING DOWN THOSE STEPS. THANK YOU SO MUCH. LOVE THESE PARANORMAL ONES THAT HAVE HISTORY INVOLVED.

hhmm...well i kinda got hurt falling down the stairs. when i fell my right leg was tucked. i had a huge gash from the bottom of my leg up until my knee. i still have some marks from it. but still am lucky to be alive.
Last Edit: 03 Dec 2010 08:20 by chamyism. Reason: accidentally pressed submit

Re: University of Santo Tomas - Manila, Philippines 03 Dec 2010 20:47 #4

• OnlyBoo1
chamyism wrote:
OnlyBoo1 wrote:

hhmm...well i kinda got hurt falling down the stairs. when i fell my right leg was tucked. i had a huge gash from the bottom of my leg up until my knee. i still have some marks from it. but still am lucky to be alive.
:ohmy: YOU REALLY GOT PUSHED HARD THEN EH! WOW. GLAD YOUR OK NOW! THAT MUST HAVE BEEN VERY SCARY FOR YOU.

Re: University of Santo Tomas - Manila, Philippines 07 Dec 2010 14:14 #5

• I wish you all the best
WOW REALLY INTERESTING... THANK YOU FOR SHARING =]

Re: University of Santo Tomas - Manila, Philippines 08 Dec 2010 13:59 #6

• Nags
wow what a beautiful building thanks for the pics!